Wednesday, July 7, 2010

wow what an email

Here is an email from one of our brides, this is what makes us love what we do!


Ok, ok, ok... So I'm always the one saying how technology has made things so much less personal these days.. However, in the interest of getting all of my thoughts out, as well as you having the pain of trying to decipher my handwriting, I'll keep my words on email.

I just finished watching the entire video, and I must say, that despite all of the credit that I have given you and your team throughout my wedding process, it was nowhere near enough... Words cannot express how much I thank you for capturing both the major and minor moments of our special day. Yes - I know, I know, you are going to say that it is 'your job' but what you do should NEVER be thought of as something as minute as that expression.

Your note said that there was a lot of dancing so let you know if you want me to cut anything - absolutely NOT!!! Considering the fact that my head was 1/2 in a fog that day, watching the edited dancing gave me a chance to share in the joy of the celebration that our friends and families were sharing. That is what it is all about, after all. Many, many thanks to Joe Video for the steady-cam shots, especially in the castle - absolutely amazing. And an extra special thanks to him as well for getting our friend Deacon's "dance performance" that he gives at everyone's weddings, but this one was with a broken knee LOL The shots of Brad and I in the castle and the foyer of the Venetian were astounding as they were breath-taking.

Ya know it's funny - when you are planning a wedding, you shape everything down to the last nitty-gritty detail, and that is what you captured for us - everything from general dancing, to the close-up shots of the flowers against the ballroom backdrop, from us dancing alone on the dance-floor to a song OTHER THAN our song while we were framed by the few chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, shots of the GROOM when the bride made her entrance (which I think is the most romantic part of any wedding day), to the old-fashioned camera shots, to the choice of end-recap song, nothing was missed - NOTHING!!! Very few people can come away from their wedding with a million memories, to have a million more created through watching a 'movie', not just a video, of their special day, of things that they may not have experienced or noticed due to the craziness of the day.

A special thanks to Jim as well for all of his efforts, and great sense of humor to help ease the beginning of the day. A special thanks to Geoff and of COURSE to you, Dave - the editing process made watching this copy a world's difference than watching the raw-video. You truly brought our special day, and honeymoon, back to life.... and I truly believe that if we had not used you for our wedding, there are no words to say or all the money in the world, that could have brought that feeling back.

Every time I call you, you always say that it was a pleasure working with me, well, there's where you are wrong!!! Both the pleasure and privilege was OURS that WE got to work with artists such as you, your team, as well as Ricky and his team. You only get married once (knock on wood) and you should only be permitted to use the "best of Westchester" - Moving Pictures and Park Place. Working with you was like working with a friend, and I am proud to call you a friend as well as a creative professional.

With Warmest Regards,
Jackie & Brad Markhorst

No comments: